Smartphone safety inside the car
mySPIN lets the driver access their smartphone while driving – safely, securely, and without distraction
mySPIN is fully customizable. The vehicle manufacturer retains total control over the customer experience, deciding which apps are available inside the car and which features can be used while driving. mySPIN supports iOS and Android smartphones. Support for Windows smartphones is currently in the prototype stage.
A streamlined interface presents only essential content to the driver. It displays the information that’s relevant to driving, with nothing distracting or unnecessary. mySPIN is compatible with a wide range of smartphone apps, including music, navigation, news and information, travel assistance, and communication applications. The apps retain their original look and feel, as intended by their publishers. It’s the same user experience, just transferred to the vehicle’s touchscreen in a special car mode.
- Smartphone can be easily and safely used inside the vehicle
- More than music: some apps can be optimized for automotive use and cross-linked to vehicle data
- More than 45 apps are currently available for mySPIN, with more to come
- With mySPIN, smartphone apps maintain their original look and feel
- Works with the top brands in third-party navigation (including real-time traffic and offline usage)
- Integrates closely with the head unit, e.g. by sending information from the Parkopedia Parking app to IVI navigation
For vehicle manufacturers:
- The mySPIN whitelist lets vehicle manufacturers in each region decide which apps can be used on the head units in their cars
- Available in many regions (e.g. China) and customized for local requirements
- Supports Android and iOS smartphones. Support for other operating systems (e.g. Windows) is also possible
- Bosch is an established automotive supplier with decades of experience in automotive lifecycles and procedures
- mySPIN can work with very basic systems, even radios with older-generation displays, which lowers costs.
- Additional cloud services for product optimization (e.g. access to vehicle data) and cus-tomer relationship management (e.g. news channel) are available
- Vehicle manufacturers can rebrand and design the launcher app according to their own needs